FOOD SAFETY POLICY
Al Rifai Roastery produces and packs a wide range of raw, roasted, fried and coated nut & kernels.
The raw materials are bought locally or imported from various suppliers and farmers. Al Rifai’s brand values and product quality are preserved and delivered through a well-established approved list of suppliers that have grown to understand the brand requirements. The company endeavours to procure the safest product with the highest quality at the lowest possible cost from a reliable source. The company has been diligently working on its supplier approval processes through a supplier evaluation based on standardised risk assessment.
The processing occurs in Al Rifai’s premises using highest technologies with extra care in applying the implemented food safety and traceability standards and procedures.
The end products are distributed locally and exported; In the local market, Al Rifai’s products are distributed to all Al Rifai branches and to different distributors. As for the export markets, Al Rifai has various clients all over the world: Europe, Australia, America, Africa, Asia and the Arab countries always in compliance with the international regulations and standards.
Al Rifai represented by its top management is fully committed to provide products that are safe and of excellent quality. We devote ourselves to applying safety and quality control standards in line with Food Safety & Traceability Management Systems in order to satisfy our customers, our society, and our environment. In order to achieve the above, the company endeavors to:
· Understand and apply all guidelines, rules, and regulations that are relevant to product’s quality and safety of the work environment;
· Establish quality objectives and review them periodically for continuous improvement;
· Apply and optimize a traceability system in order to improve appropriate use and reliability of information, effectiveness and productivity;
· Work at reducing the relevant non-conformities and applying a firm traceability system to avoid their potential risks in withdrawing or recalling the products if needed;
· Emphasize the importance of maintaining a hygienic environment inside the production facility and Point of Sales;
· Ensuring safe food from production to consumption through Risk Assessment, management and communications ;
· Identify Principles of GHP Applicable through the food chain;
· Comply with the requirements of ISO 22000:2005, ISO 22005:2007, and IFS Food version 6.
· Provide a Quality product to its clients and customers;
· Research and develop products in line with customers’ trends, lifestyles, and needs